Bria

Bria

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All I Want for Christmas are My Two Front Teeth!

Been a few days, I know. My little netbook has finally died, I think, so it's a little harder to get posts done.

As the title suggests, Bree lost her two front teeth the other day! The 10th, I think. I noticed yesterday that her big dog teeth are already coming in, so I guess she won't have to wait for Christmas, lol.

Poor pup has been a little nutty lately. Not enough exercise or mental exercise! I've been off and about working and spending time with a friend who came to visit. I'm trying to remedy that now, of course. Since I'm taking the day off from moving hay, she's going to get lots of play time and training time. Right now, I'm working again on Play Dead (she is starting to offer it on her own), high five and high ten. Cutest thing. She even was calm enough the other night to show her tricks for my friend (her Auntie, lol).

She's getting so big! I can't believe it. She looks all leg right now, but she's getting pretty heavy, despite not eating much right now.

The wee monster has taken a liking to running up and down the road. I have to watch her really carefully. And now I need to work on her recall again. It's broken. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

Bria has also been helping me with hay. I have 7.5 ton of hay to move on my own with just my truck. I took her with me down the road the other day. She was just loose in the truck, and while I was working, she just curled up on the passenger's seat and snoozed. I took some pictures on my cell phone (which I can't get off right now) of her sleeping and of my hay stack. I was going to title them "What I did" and "What she did".

I also took her out with me when I went to load hay on a trailer the other day. She got to sit in the back of my truck since I took the canopy off. She was quite content. The gal I bought the hay from also had a border collie and mentioned he was good with pups. So I let Bree out. I have never heard that dog bark or growl so much. Timid and shy, my boot! Goofy dog was acting ferocious. Didn't do anything bad and still acted a bit timid, but wow. She followed me over to the hay stack, and she was hopping up and down over everything. The big dog scared her a little, so she climbed on up the big 30' trailer with me. She took up lookout at the front, watching that big, scary dog from her perch. A little later, the gal went back to the house with her dog, and Bria wanted to follow. She ran down the length of the trailer and hopped off. Started following a little, and I didn't see what happened, but soon enough, she comes running back from them and jumps up on a bale stacked two high like her life depended on it! I can see why these animals are good at agility!

On a slightly random note, I think this dog may be one to be somewhat protective of me. I've noticed that if I'm in the horse paddock and the horses act up, she gets really worked up and barks and growls and such. And the other day, my friend and I were hanging out on the horses in the paddock and the dog went after Dundee like I have never seen! Maybe she is just acting out or it's some sort of separation anxiety, but I'd like to think she is trying to be protective. In any case, she had to come up and ride so she would quit bothering him.

I think Bria may be dealing with a bit of separation anxiety. She is fine if I put her in her pen or leave her tied outside and I go in the house. However, if I put her in her pen or tie her and walk away and/or out of sight, she gets nuts. Barks hysterically. She was roaming a little too much for my taste the other day, so I tied her up and went back to the horses. Boy. She was not a happy camper. I didn't leave her there by herself for long, but I waited for her to calm down a little before I went to get her. Silly pup.








Here's a little video of my super traveler on horseback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!