Bria

Bria

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Soggy Doggy

Well, it's been raining for a couple days. Means I don't play with the dog a whole lot, but she does get out to play in the draw...which has been overflowing with water lately! My favorite thing I've seen her do is to walk across the "bridge". So I still haven't gotten my actual bridge slash teeter-totter out over the draw, but I do still have the small board out there. The dog walks across it! Every time! It's hilarious. I haven't even gone across it for a while, but she still uses it. I guess she learned really quick that she doesn't get her paws very wet. I just get a kick out of it.

Silly dog has also started "helping" me pick the horse pen. Of course, the apples she picks up don't get into the wheelbarrow. Ew.

Bree got her first "free" ride in the truck this evening. Well, two actually. Once into town for errands and once to get hay. She did remarkably well. Tried to climb in my lap for a bit, but when I pushed her back onto the passenger's seat, she just laid down with her paws and little head on the center console (which is just about the same height as the seat and wide enough to reach from seat to seat) and stared at me out of the tops of her eyes. Cutest thing ever. I was very happy. She even got a doggy treat from the gas station attendant. Not that it will teach her to bark at strangers or strangers coming up to the truck, but oh well. She got into her kennel when I went into the store and was patient and quiet until I got back. Let her up into the passenger's seat again, and she just curled right up. She found she could put her front two feet on the center console and have a better view as well as be closer to me, so she rode that way for a ways to get home.

Also had her with me to pick up the first of many loads of hay this evening. I was messing around out there for 45 minutes, and she just curled up on the passenger's seat and went to sleep. Didn't bother my purse, didn't tear up the truck interior, didn't get anxious...didn't have an accident! All of which I am very grateful for. Now all we need to work on is recall and barking at strangers/submissive behavior. Oh well. I guess I can live with her. LOL She's a good little dog.

Taught the dog something else today. She's got High Five down pat now...which is just cute. Well, tonight I made her High Ten! Not reliable at all, but really funny. She really wants to learn and figure out what I'm asking her to do! It's really fun to work with her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!