Bria

Bria

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Growing Like a Weed

Huh...for some reason my brain just said that like I was solving a Wheel of Fortune puzzle. Ha.

So the little 18 week old Little Miss is officially moved up into the next size collar. This one should last her a while, I think. Her little blue one is so tiny, now! I guess she could have worn it for a few more days, but depending on how her head is held, I think it was a little too tight. So now she's got her new one. Seems to me it's kind of clunky compared to her old one. It's got a nice buckle which clanks her ID tag. I'm also starting to think about getting her one of those really nice lazer-engraved ID tags. We'll see, I guess. Next, I'm hoping she'll grow a little bit and fit into her new harness a bit better. It's still too sloppy, but her old harness is getting to be much too small to last a whole lot longer.

Boy, does that animal like to wander. One minute, she's hanging out with me while I'm brushing the horses, the next, she's traipsing off over to the neighbor's property. And of course she doesn't come when called. At least today, she sort of did. Sort of. After a few minutes, I guess she finally decided to come back. It's so hard to deal with it. I know I shouldn't be mad at her because I don't want to discourage her when she comes back, but trying to teach her not to wander? *sigh* I don't want to keep her penned up or staked out or even on a leash attached to me 100% of the time. She usually just plays in the draw. But I guess I need to change some things. I can't have her wandering off over hill and dale chasing who knows what.

I also need to start working on SAR stuff with her. She's not really a fetch dog. I know she could work livestock, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I think she'd be great at SAR work. I just need to start working on it with her. Doing what I can anyway and seeing what classes or what not I can get into. Poor little thing is going to go absolutely crackerdog. Or just turn into a hole-digging coyote-wanna-be psychotic BC. Yes, that's right, I have heard her howl like a coyote. Thanks to our lovely coyote neighbors who come to visit her and howl all the time. I was out riding, on my way back home, and I heard what sounded like a coyote. We're pretty sure it was Bria. Odd dog.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!