Bria

Bria

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy 4 Months Old! (and happy fall!)

Bria is 4 months old today!! 17 weeks? by date, I believe. And boy is she growing! She will only have a few days or a week left in her puppy collar before she's ready to graduate to the next size. Her harness is really looking small on her, but she's not quite big enough to fit into her new raspberry one! So she will make do with the green one for a little while longer.

Little Miss is doing very well with her tricks. Nothing new really, but everything is still working correctly. She's learning fetch again....and with the exception of me teaching her a new game that gets a click and a treat and makes her not want to bring the ball back....she's doing well. She started bringing the ball most of the way, dropping it, and looking at something else, so I started asking her "Where's the Ball?" She will go find it and was usually bringing it back. Now that I have offered click and treat for "Where's the Ball?", she is dropping it and going to find it in hopes of more treats. *sigh* Silly dog.

I have also been working on leash with her. Got to dig a post hole the other day, and the dog was attached to my belt. And today, she was attached again while I did a bit of fall cleaning. She was doing better today about not pulling and just being patient, but when we got back into the orchard and main yard, there was too much to smell to not pull around on me. Oh well. I will keep working.

She has also seemed to take an interest in coyotes. Sarcastic "woo". I think they were down in the yard talking to her the other night. They sounded SO close, and I heard her yipping with them. Kind of scares me, but I know she is safe in her pen. This evening, I was out trying to get her to do her tricks and fetch a little (fetch didn't work, so went to tricks), and the coyotes were starting to sing, but were far away. I think there was something up in the front yard because she perked up and went to investigate. It scared me half to death, not being able to see what was there or hear anything. I managed to catch her before she got too far and lured her back to her pen for supper. Ah, country life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!