Bria

Bria

Monday, September 6, 2010

Survival of the Fittest


We survived the invasion! Of family, that is. Had 13 people out to the farm for the weekend which was great for the dog! Seemed like she had someone playing with her dawn till dusk. She was hyper of course and overstimulated, but she did quite well from what I saw. Didn't hear of her biting anyone. The only "bad" thing I heard about was the dog catching the youngest cousin's ponytail and not letting go!

Bria got to go down to the lake on Saturday. She didn't go in the water or go in the kayak (I didn't trust her to sit still), but she got to meet a lot of new people at the house we were at. Appeared to get passed around to a lot of people. She behaved very well. I think she was already a little tired, so she was less exuberant. I think she made a good impression. She even sat with me quietly while a few of us talked. And the spoiled little thing got bites of steak from the cousins!

In other news, I think Fetch may have backslid a little. She got a bit confused with several people calling her back. But I'll work on that. I didn't ask her to do much as I didn't want to be ignored by the dog in all the fuss. Actually, I kind of avoided being around the dog for the most part. At least through the "worst" of it. No idea if it helped anything or not, but maybe I didn't add to her confusion at least. She still knows all her tricks and even showed off a little. And today after everyone had left, I sat down with her and did her tricks. She taught me High Five in 5 seconds! I was floored. I had put my hand up mostly flat like I was expecting a high five for some reason or another, and she tapped my palm with her paw! I was ecstatic! Click and treat. Hold up hand, "High Five", and she did it again! She's doing it quite reliably! I'm quite happy. Same with Roll Over. 90% does it on her own without any help. Good dog!

In other other news she's decided to eat dry dog food again. Made my life easier to just throw some kibble her way in the insanity of meal times.

So I suppose that's about it for now. I have a few pictures of the wee monster.



My first attempt at anything scrapbook related! The dog was cut out with a machine, the rest was just creativity on my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!