Bria

Bria

Monday, August 9, 2010

Introductions

I have found myself the proud (and nuts!) owner of an 11-week-old Border Collie pup I have named Bria.

Because I put effort into her name, I feel like I should explain it. =) I was trying to think up names a while before I ever met my pup, and I decided a musical name might be interesting. Well, I came across Con Brio which means 'With Spirit' or 'Vigorously'. I thought that would make a decent, perhaps ironic, name for a border collie. Then I had the idea of making it more feminine, so it ended up as Bria.

When I met my pup (Aug 4, 2010), I didn't have a name in mind. I had to drive 3.5 hrs to get her, so by the time I saw her, I was kinda tired and not thinking about names. Driving away, I wasn't really thinking about anything in particular, and I saw a car go past with the license plate "Con Brio". I turned to Mom and said, "Her name is Bria." I am a believer in 'signs' such as that. Like my horse, Dundee. A week before I could even go to meet him, I was driving to a band concert, and I saw a sign for "Dundee Apartments". In any case, her name is Bria.

Bria is a black and white Border Collie pup out of cattle-working parents. She was born on May 23, 2010, on a ranch out in Grangeville, ID and now lives on a farm in Central WA with me.

I have had her for 5 days now, and I still love her to bits, even when she drives me nuts with her BC puppy ways. She is learning her name, Come, Sit, Down, Give/Drop, and Get Out (of the horse paddock).

I'm hoping this blog will be a place to record my life with her. Training documentation and such as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!