Bria

Bria

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Day at the Library

Little Miss got to go to town with me today. I figured it was safe as it was overcast and not too warm. Took the truck to have the transmission checked. Guy came back from checking it and said, "that is the cutest pup I've seen". *grin* She had to wait patiently in the truck while I went into the DMV, then we headed for the library to pick up a few books.

I had some border collie books and a search and rescue book on hold, so when I picked those up, the obvious question was, "is someone getting a new dog?" I said yep, she's in the truck. Oooh! Bring her in!!

So the wee pup got to go into the library and meet the ladies there. It was a great experience for her. She got lots of positive attention, and I think I made the one woman's day. Bria was great. Sure, she was overexcited at first, but she calmed right down and even showed off sit, down, and shake, which very much so impressed the ladies. They were amazed that a 14-week-old puppy had learned it! So I'm happy.

Also played some fetch this evening. I've started incorporating Sit or Down to our game. I started just asking her to Sit, praise for correct movement, then throw the ball. Well, I have progressed to getting her excited, asking her to Sit, praise, then throw the ball. She's doing very well with it! I started asking for Down, too. She doesn't quite have that yet, but it'll come, I'm sure. I'm hoping it will translate to listening when she's excited over meeting a new person or greeting me.

I guess that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!