Bria

Bria

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Clear as Mud

Bria is sure enjoying the water and mud in the draw these days. She goes and plays while I clean the horse paddock. Then I call her over and she jumps up, happy to see me. Oh, look. A puppy paw print on my clean shirt.

Oh, it's not that bad. She enjoys her playtime, and she can dig and wallow to her heart's content. And it keeps her out of my hair, but still in sight! One thing I do love about having a short coat Border collie is that once the mud dries, it comes right off. Within 10 minutes of playing in the mud, she is usually mostly clean.

I saw Little Miss dig her first hole to bury something today. She got half of a dog biscuit. Gnawed on it for a bit, then went under the bush, dug a hole, and buried it. I wonder if she will find it again.

The dog also discovered that she can wander across the road to the neighbor's field when we walk around the property. *eye roll* Thanks dog. This evening, she did it again, but this time, stopped smack dab in the middle of the road and stared down it. Fortunately, there is not much traffic, but I guess I will have to put the leash on her again. She won't like that.

Also tried to start some SAR pregames with her. Basically playing with a toy, then hiding it behind your back and praising the dog for finding it. She did it once, then was less interested. I will see how it goes. Definitely need to clear our area of other toys before we start again. She saw it disappear, looked at me for a second, then went for another toy. Oh well. I should have known better, I guess.

Pup has pretty decent recall. It doesn't work every time, but it's getting there.

I guess that's about it unless I should write about the dog sinking a sharp little canine into the half-healed rubbed off blister on my thumb.

In any case, time for pictures!











I just love her little face! Pity it's a little blurry.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!