Bria

Bria

Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Puppy Breath

9:45am

So I've heard that puppy breath is the best thing on Earth. Well, I've tried sniffing Miss Bria's breath. It smells like puppy kibble. With a touch of horse manure. And just a hint of the lovely aroma of decomposing mouse corpse.

Yes, that's right. Dead mouse number 3...or maybe 2...she could have found the same one twice. Well, this time, she led me a merry chase around the side of the house. I would swear she was saying, "Neener neener, I gots da mousie!" Once I finally caught up to her, I ordered her to Give.

Well.

Not today! It's MY mousie! I'm gonna EAT IT! *crunch*

At which point I shuddered and walked away. Ew.

Needless to say, I am at the end of my daily allotted rope...and it's not even 10am.


11:45am

After my time out, I went back out to play with the pup. She's doing well with Sit and Down. I noticed her go after things in close proximity, she crawls on her belly, so I am taking advantage of that and teaching her "Army Crawl". It's pretty cute.

I also need to invest in a Tug rope or toy. Rags don't quite do it anymore, and I don't want to play Tug with her racoon! I don't want it to get all ripped up!


3:45pm

After the rocky start to the day, things have improved. I've broken through on two new tricks. Army Crawl and Shake! I'm so excited for her to figure out shake. I ended up having to hold a fist with a treat in front of her nose to make her put her paw on my hand. HUGE breakthrough. I have figured out that I just need to watch what she's doing and how I cause her to do it, and it's simple to teach her things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!