Bria

Bria

Thursday, August 12, 2010

What the Future Holds

I've been giving some thought to possible "jobs" for Miss Pup. The standard sheep-dog or cow-dog obviously. I think she'd be great at that. She already tried to herd the horses! But I am also considering search and rescue (SAR). I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to commit the time to it, but I think it could be quite...dare I say fun. Dogs have important roles in SAR. Well trained dogs can take the place of 20-30 SAR-trained humans.

It would take I guess about a year and a half to two years to get all the training required, then continued training until the dog retires. Big time commitment there. On top of that, I suppose you could be called at any time of day or night to go search.

But still, it would be helping people. Which is something I think I may be called to do in one way or another. I don't think I'll make it to chiropractic college. I'm not very good at teaching. So maybe I can do this with my dog?

Just a few thoughts.

Bree is learning a new trick today. I will try to get video of it once she has it down a little better! I don't want to spoil the surpirse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!