Bria

Bria

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Sunday

So I guess I missed a day. My computer died temporarily. *grumble* It is fixed now and working fine. *knock on wood*

Miss Bree is 14 weeks old today.

Day before yesterday, I built a bridge. It doubles as a teeter-totter for the pup. I have some video of that. I will see how or if I can post that. It's really cute. I also have video of Little Miss walking across the makeshift bridge over troubled waters (read board over mud).

 I've been working on recall with Bria. The other day, I whistled for her. I use a certain whistle for the horses. I used it without thinking for the dog, didn't expect her to follow, and walked away. Seconds later, there is a pup walking next to me, asking, "s'up?" So I've started using that as general recall. Whistle, make sure I get her attention, and start walking away. Works 75% of the time so far.

As far as her other "tricks", she's doing sit, down, shake 99% of the time. I'm very happy with it. I haven't really had the time to work on loose leash walking, but that's okay. I have started getting her excited to chase the ball, then asking her to sit or down. She does it quite accurately. I'm impressed. She is fetching pretty accurately, too, these days. And I'm certainly learning how to read her. She doesn't bring the ball back when she's done. Which right now, that's only after a few tosses. Oh well. Then we're on to playing tug. When she "wins" and doesn't give the other end back to me, I know she's done with that.



Thar she blows. I'm quite pleased with it for salvaging wood and nails and an afternoon of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!